I'm in a hurry today - it's time to shower and get ready to head to Job #2, but that's okay - it's "Friday" for me, so I'm one step closer to putting up that Christmas tree. I haven't found someone else to decorate it for me yet, but I'm working on it....
Our household is a fan of anything with honey-mustard flavoring so I knew these potatoes would be a go as soon as I saw them. We had them with meatloaf (yes, we eat it at least once a month) and some broccoli (our never-fail go-to green veggie.) The cook (that would be me) is a fan of anything roasted, because that means I can use foil and have one less dish to wash. Huzzah.
These were tasty, but next time I think I'll up the ante a bit more and add some more of the spices. I think they'd be a hit with kids, and they're easy enough to throw together when you get home from work. They're a pretty perfect pairing with whatever else you decide to make, and I'd even make these for breakfast (but I'd go easy on the spices in that case.)
What would you serve them with?
Honey Roasted Red Potatoes
AllRecipes - Submitted by Stephanie
- 1 pound red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly coat an 11x7 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a single layer in prepared dish, and top with onion. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, honey, mustard, salt and pepper; drizzle over potatoes and onion.
- Bake in the preheated 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven for 35 minutes or until tender, stirring halfway through the cooking time.